Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Let's hear it for the Working Mommas!


I hear women all the time that believe their calling is to be a stay at home mommy, which is great! My best friend is a stay at home mommy and I completely support that, as she also completely supports me being a working mommy. There are times in my life where I wish things would have worked out so that I could stay home full time, but financially we can’t afford that. I once had a lady tell me if you really wanted to stay home with your kids you would find a way. My response to her was, yes I could find a way, but you know what we would be living out of my car, what kind of life is that? I still see, even in today’s modern society, people just assume that the husband is the breadwinner and the wife’s salary is just the icing on the cake, but for my family it is the other way around. If I didn’t work, we wouldn’t have a home and we wouldn’t have health insurance. While I’ve had my fair share of trouble finding the balance between work and home, I believe I am doing a good job at keeping the balance. My family always always comes first. In the meantime I have to remember one of the reasons I work is to take care of my family, not necessarily to give them everything they want, because trust me that doesn’t happen, but it is to provide for them. Because I work, my family has a roof over their head, clothes on their back, doctors they can visit when they need to and food on their table. So please let us stop the Mommy wars and just support each other in what we choose to do, because every good mom has to make this decision and every good mom chooses the path that is best for THEIR family. The path that is best for my family is for me to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment