Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Submissive wife?


I will share my thoughts on the subject, but would love any input from the readers. The dictionary states the definition of submission to be:

“inclined or ready to submit;  unresistingly or humbly obedient: submissive servants.”

Humbly is a key word in this definition. Humble is not proud or arrogant. A person that doesn’t have a need to be superior to anyone. Humble submission is what we should strive for when it comes to being a submissive wife. There are so many jokes and outcries about being a submissive wife. If you are one, you are made fun of sometimes my friends and family. Even we joke, when my husband asks me to do something and I do it, I always laugh and say “See I’m a good submissive wife”. We ALL joke about it, and I think that is okay. God wants us to have fun, but HE also wants and frankly expects that we obey his commands. He commands women to be submissive to their husbands. I don’t believe God wants us to be submissive because he thinks we are less important than men. I think God believes women should be respected and put on a type of pedestal. I don’t mean that women are to be worshipped, but their husbands are to care for them, protect them, and provide for their needs. God wants us to be submissive to protect us; by being submissive we could lead happier, more fulfilled, and more peaceful lives.
In Ephesians 5:21-33, we read about being submissive to one another and wives submit yourselves to your husband, as you do to the Lord. Husbands are also commanded to love their wives as Christ loved the church and as their own bodies. I truly believe that if our husbands are loving us the way God commanded they won’t ask or expect anything from us that either we aren’t already willing to give or do, or that isn’t in our best interest. Husbands that love us as the Lord loved the church always have our best interest at heart. Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions. I’m working on some other topics. I’m in the Digging Deeper Bible study, so I may use that as a topic for some of my posts. Thank you for listening.
 
References:

No comments:

Post a Comment