Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Titus 2


Being a Titus 2 wife, mother, and woman is not an easy task always, but it is a God commanded task. I’m not saying that women can’t work outside the home, as some people would say. I don’t think we can say it is a sin for a woman to work outside the home. I work outside the home, what I am saying it is a sin for us as wives and mothers to neglect our homes and our families. Some versions of the Bible say we are to be “busy at home” some say “keepers at home”. Either way I think it means the same thing. We are to make our families and our home a priority. One way our homes can be a priority is to keep them clean, organized, and welcoming to our family and to our friends. I am not saying the home has to be spotless, mine is far from spotless. My home has plenty of clutter; with two small children we tend to have toys strewn from one end of the house to the other. However I am never embarrassed or having to rush through the house to clean it up if I see someone pulls in the driveway, my sink is never overflowing with dishes nor is the laundry basket. We need to keep our homes up, not just for company, but in actuality we should be keeping our homes up mainly for our own family. A home that is clean, organized, and not too cluttered makes a safe haven for our family. What person wants to come home to a messy and disorganized house, this can cause a person to be anxious. People prefer to come home to a nice clean and comfortable house. We want our families, husband and children, to want to come home at the end of the day, to enjoy being in their home. If they can find their clothes, toys, books, and know there is a meal waiting or soon to be completed, they will want to be there.
I’ve mainly talked about the home as far as keeping it clean and meeting the physical needs of the family but the home is also where the family’s spiritual needs are meet. The home and us as wives and mothers need to be the soft place for our husband and children to fall. We need to make kind hearted and soft-spoken to them. Treat our husbands and children with patience and love, always willing to give a listening ear.  

**If there are any specific topics you would like me to discuss please let me know. I’m trying to work harder at my posts, and I need to do more research on things. It is just trying to find the time to research that is so difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment